Why should we study computing security

Why should we study computing security:

For this class I was expecting a very different kind of course, in the past, i heard my older friends to tell me about the class with the coolest name in all our career but in the first day of class i receive something a lot more different that what i was expected. I've never had any class with Ken Bauer, all i have heard were different kind of opinions, some of them good and other ones nice. In the first class he have me the impression of a weird and kind of crazy (in a nice funny way) Canadian overwhelmed for the insecurity that surrounded us.

He told us of a weird rubber duck that has the ability to copy all the data of a PC in a short amount of time, also that he usually has problems with the Campus Staff about any kind of security-wise problems, all this information that he began to spit out to us was kind of overwhelming and make me feel a little crazy.

After the first class, I downloaded a Password Manager, changed all my passwords and modified all my house router passwords. Ken told us that because we are Software Engineers we had a greater responsibility about this topic and we should be informing and helping other people. I thought myself for a weird kind of crazy (hope in a funny way) Mexican overwhelmed for the insecurity that surround all of us.



P.S. The password of my home router WAS "admin"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ethical hacking

Cryptography